Sunday, November 6, 2011

So I was thinking...

~I should charge pay-per-view for tantrums like the one Daughter #2 had today. It was pretty impressive!

~I'm done with these run of the mill trials. I am ready for the bigger trials. (But ONLY these two in particular: 1. That trial where you have so much money you have to be humbled. 2. That trial where you're so pretty you're not sure whether people really like you for you or just because you're pretty).

~I'm so happy the Halloween Hoopla is over with. Bring on the mashed potatoes and Christmas music!

~Little #4 now copies every word we say and thankfully no one at this house has dirty mouths. Still, he's learning how to mimic some funny stuff. Like this: "Go away!" "Oh shoot!" and "In a minute!" He also tells birds on light poles to "Get Down!"

~I'm missing my bestie (who moved away a few months ago). And I'll give her a big shout out today because she ran her first half marathon this weekend and killed it. Way to go Shalie!

~I will admit it. I'm kind of excited to see the last Twilight Movie. I'm so tired right now I can't even remember what it's called and I'm too lazy to find one of the eleventy billion websites dedicated to it. But yes, I'll be there. (Not at the freezing cold-middle-of-the-night one though).

~Since babies wake up based on their bodies--and could care less about Daylight Savings Time--we got an extra hour to get ready for Church today. And you know what? It was the first time in ages we weren't late. Yahoo.

What were you thinking?

10 comments:

Maggie said...

This is Dan (Mag's husband).

I was thinking I am glad to have a wife who is an author and willing to sit at the computer with me for five hours to help me write a 15 page research paper today.

Bonnie R. Paulson said...

Aw, Dan that was awesome.

I was thinking that I'd like the same trials Maggie would, although I'd trade the pretty one for the smartest one in the world, I could read minds! : )

And I'm thinking good thoughts your way, doll.

Jessica R. Patch said...

Hilarious post and yes, I want to have those same problems/trials you want! Oh so funny!

My son mimics too, but it's "freaking" "crap" and "that blows." :)

Breaking Dawn and I'm going to see it with a friend who's literally 14 years younger so guess what? We're seeing it at midnight and yes, I'll be taking an old peepers nap before I go.

i'm erin. said...

I'm sorry your bestie moved away. When I moved to Hawaii for a few years, I was so sad to be away from mine. But your blog is really funny and I love reading that you're ready for more trials.

E.R. King said...

I'm going to see the next Twilight movie, too. I figure I've already invested tons of time and effort into the books/movies, I might as well finish.

Dan, you're a sweetheart. And yes, you're blessed with an incredible wife. She's a keeper!

Abby Fowers said...

LOL! I love the 2 "trials" that you are ready for. I am ready for them too. Wouldn't that be wonderful? hahaha!
And yes - day light savings is only fun when you don't have babies. Luckily my hubby got up and let me sleep in cause I needed it!
Right now I am wondering why my 2 yr old suddenly has a fascination with my nose and is trying to pick it while I blog. lol. KIDS!

Angela Cothran said...

I think it is lame we can't pick our own trials. Here are mine:

1) I would pick being so thin I have to eat all the time just to maintain. 2) Be so patient my kids take advantage of me :)

Great post!

Peggy Eddleman said...

I love when kids start mimicking everything they hear! You find out phrases that you or someone in your family uses a lot that you hadn't even realized! It's the best.

Grant and Shalie Morgan said...

Oh honey, I miss you too!!!! I wish you would have been running with me!

Anna said...

My littlest's phrase is "in two minutes". Ask her if she wants to try the potty - "in two minutes". Ask her if she'll put away her dirty clothes - "in two minutes".