Monday, November 14, 2011

Five reasons Friday's book signing was awesome

1. When I got out of my car at the bookstore I heard a very young-girl-meets-rockstar shriek. And it was directed at me! One of the bookstore owner's daughters is one of Growing Up Gracie's hugest fans and she was really excited to meet me.

2.Wow, signing with another author is about a jillion times better than signing alone! I had so much fun with Cedar Fort author Wendy Paul. She is the lady behind the 101 Gourmet Cupcakes; 101 Cookies; and 101 Cake Bites cookbooks. Her books have been super successful and she's a rockstar when it comes to publicity!
For instance I attended a Relief Society function she hosted on Saturday and there were 70 ladies there! Talk about getting the word out.

3. I sold a lot more books than I had anticipated.
4. A couple old friends I hadn't seen in a long time stopped by.
5. Duh, a few hours of being Maggie instead of being somebody's Mom/slave can be really exciting!

I also had to post this and give my friend Jolene Perry a little shout out. She lives in Alaska, and I know when you're far from Utah (LIKE I AM UP IN WASHINGTON STATE), the occasion of seeing your own books on a shelf is few and far in between. What's even better? I overheard this in the store "Oh my gosh, Next Door Boys was such a good book! You have to read it!" I swear! Hope that puts a smile on your face Jolene.

14 comments:

Jolene Perry said...

MAGGIE!!!

YOU ARE SO AWESOME THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

I'm seriously wiping happy tears :D

Made my day after a call with my agent where she gave me, once again, VERY mixed news . . .

E.R. King said...

Yay! What an awesome time for you. I'm glad you got a good turn out. That's what this is all about!
And a big smile for Jolene. I'm glad she's getting some love in Utah.

Jolene Perry said...

I SO wish I could have been there :D

Rebecca H. Jamison said...

Oh, I'm so glad to hear that it's sometimes fun to be an author. Maybe I can find a cupcake diva around to sign with me.

Peggy Eddleman said...

Oh my gosh. How fun! It sounds like you had a blast! I'm very happy for you.

Angela Cothran said...

I'm so glad you had a great signing experience. It seems like lately all I hear are horror stories! Yay, for good news :)

Jessica R. Patch said...

Okay that looks like so much fun!! :) Very cool.

i'm erin. said...

Oh that is so awesome! That must've felt so great to run into such a cute fan.

Jessie Humphries said...

What a sweet story! I am so happy for you guys.

Abby Fowers said...

The signing sounds so fun! That is so cute about the girl! What a cute pic too! And whoot-whoot for Jolene! You guys are awesome!

Jolene Perry said...

My husband thanks you too, lol. :D

Bonnie R. Paulson said...

Very cool Maggie! I'm going to go buy Jolene's book right now! jolene, then it will be on my shelf, lol.

Can't wait for Saturday. I'm ready for some motivation! <3

Chantele Sedgwick said...

I wish I lived close to you! I totally would have come to meet you! :D Glad the book signing went well!

Dian Ardi said...

The information you have to say this is very helpful at all, a lot of new things that I just know after reading your article. ( Khasiat Yang Terkandung Dalam Bawang Merah )
thank you very much been willing to share this information with us. Cara Mengobati Rhinitis