Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Our little crazies...



I've been feeling extra crazy this week--like even more than my normal never-going-to-make-it-through-this-day-without-breaking crazy. So I thought I'd share some of my craziness and maybe you could share yours (or maybe I'm just hoping someone else out there is as weird as I am).

Maggie's list of crazies...
-I hate feet. Hate them. After my kids are about two years old, cutting their toenails is about the worst form of torture (for me, not them) I could imagine.
-At times I hate writing. I feel a pull to it, and I NEED to do it, but I absolutely don't want to. Most times I really want to do it, but yes, sometimes there is serious hate.
-I have this odd notion that everyone is older than me. At Church I look around and imagine myself in the young crowd. When I find out people's ages (and yes, I stalk around a bit to discover this) I am soooo amazed to find out everyone I thought I would fit in with are way, way under thirty and I am an old, old woman of thirty-one.
-Certain days of the month (and yes, I'm just going to go ahead and say it) such as exactly ten days before that womanly monthly visitor, I am a pyscho. Seriously. I cry at songs on the radio. I yell at kids for breathing wrong (not really). I feel the need to reevaluate EVERY aspect of my life because NOTHING is going right. I strongly consider becoming medicated. Then I look at the calendar and take a big sigh of relief.
-I HATE loud clapping. Not the arena or sporting event version--that's fine. I hate when people clap for no reason. Why would people clap for no reason? I'm not sure. Maybe you should ask my husband.
-Since we're really revealing here (or just I am revealing, and I'm going to feel really stupid when I find out everyone else is really sane), I will admit that I am all kinds of crazy when it comes to cleaning. I NEVER sort laundry. And sometimes if I find a little toy and don't really feel like walking all the way downstairs to the toy box, I do exactly what CHILDREN do, I toss it behind the nearest piece of furniture.

There, I've said it. I'm crazy!

Are you?

11 comments:

Claire Robyns said...

I'm having an insanely intense week myself, but reading your post gave a me good ol' laugth. Thanks for that!

Abby said...

LOL! I don't think you're crazy, I think you're normal. Or maybe we're both crazy - I don't know. I always feel that way at church. Thinking people are old and then finding out they're younger than me, or WORSE that they THINK I'm OLD! UGH!

And I hate when people don't listen to what I say, especially my children. I feel like they should do exactly what I expect (even tho that is ridiculous) yet I am probably the worlds #1 rule breaker! What up with that?

And don't get me started on the monthly visitor!

E.R. King said...

We all have a bit of crazy in us. It's good to own it and realize we do insane acts daily. I feel especially crazy when I do something Mormonish. A lot of my family isn't, so when I get excited that someone's having their seventh baby, make cookies for all the neighbors, or where a T-shirt under a tank top, I get odd looks. It's okay though. I know I'm crazy.

Kasey @ The Beautiful Thrifty Life said...

That completely cracks me up about you thinking you're younger than everyone!! I am the same way!! In my head I'm still about 17 (not 29!) and so whenever someone gives me any kind of responsibility I'm always secretly thinking, "Wow, don't they know I'm just a kid?" Hmm...maybe the three children running around my house should tip me off that I'm no longer a kid...

Also, I hate my husband's feet. I have always told him that if he had some kind of freak accident and lost both of his feet I really wouldn't be that upset. (okay, maybe a little for his sake...)

Here's my crazy: I hate popsicle sticks. The thought of having something wooden in my mouth and rubbing against my tongue just gives me the shivery-eww-heebie-jeebies. Like fingernails on a chalkboard (though fingernails on a chalkboard have never actually bothered me...hmm...). If I'm eating some kind of treat on a stick I scrape it with my teeth and then just toss it. Gah, just the the thought. ;-)

Rebecca H. Jamison said...

The sound of people chewing and swallowing. Uggh.

Bonnie R. Paulson said...

Lol, I wrote the book on crazy (no really I did - Dictating Desire haha) and I can tell you I have no idea why I'm paying taxes or when the parents of these 4 kids is coming home. I just want to take my babysitting money to the movies. I feel like an eternal 16 year old. And it's driving me nuts that I'm getting old (31 is getting there!)

Love the post. You're so dang funny!

Melanie Stanford said...

HAHA- I do that EXACT thing when it comes to age. It's only recently that I realized I'm not in the "young married" group at church anymore with one or two kids. I still tend to think I'm their age though.

Melanie Jacobson said...

Um, so clean exactly like I do.

And my personal crazy is that I CANNOT stand the sound of fingernails being clipped. It makes me violent.

Jessica R. Patch said...

LOL!!

When I find a little toy I don't want to put away, I trash it!

You crack me up and that is why I am tagging you tomorrow on my blog!! :) I'm done commenting but I love Bruno Mars so I'm hanging out now...just listening...cause you're amazing just the way you are! The way you are...are!

Beth said...

We should get together more often and chat Maggie. I think we're a lot alike (and the same age and feeling the same way) And I chuck the kids toys down the stairs when I don't want to put them, and then when they do it, I tell them not to cause they'll break their toys.

Anna said...

@Kasey -- I feel the EXACT same way about popsicle sticks. Just thinking about it gives me the "shivery-eww-heebie-jeebies" (by the way, love that, um, word?)

And Maggie, I don't really sort laundry either. I try to keep most the whites out of regular laundry, but sometimes they get put in with the rest.