Friday, September 23, 2011

Have you ever



HAVE YOU EVER
...been asked if you were a daycare center when you were out and about with just your own family?
...been told, "you have your hands full" and thought the other half of my kids are at school!
...been given dirty looks in the grocery store?
...been asked "don't you know how this happens?"
...had to buy a pregnancy test with all your kids in the cart?


Yes, all of these things have happened to me. Sometimes people look at me as if I alone have overpopulated the Earth. And I only have four kids! On the flip side, older people often come up to us and say how neat it is because they don't see large families any more.

And, by the way, I know this is a kind of lame blog post, but today is moving day for the Fechner family, so this is the best I've got. Our move is only a mile away, but still, it's going to be a hectic day.

Share some of your "big family" moments.

11 comments:

E.R. King said...

Have a fun moving day. I hope you can find everything when you get to your new location!

Chantele Sedgwick said...

People always tell me, "Oh, you have your hands full, don't you?"

Uh ... I guess.

I've also been asked if my kids were actually mine. Since I have dark hair and they are all super blonde. I told the lady, "Yes, they are mine. They do have a dad."

Have a great weekend and good luck with your move!:)

raelynbarclay said...

I have four boys, so I get the "you have your hands full" all the time. But I also get the "boys are so much easier than girls" - ack! - come spend an hour with them and then tell me that!

Good luck with the move :)

raelynbarclay said...

I have four boys, so I get the "you have your hands full" all the time. But I also get the "boys are so much easier than girls" - ack! - come spend an hour with them and then tell me that!

Good luck with the move :)

Abby said...

LOL. I don't think this is lame. Yes, I've been in the same situations and I only have 3 kids! I think most people think I shouldn't procreate after they find out how crazy my daughter is. She is a handful all by herself.

Jolene Perry said...

Short moves are the WORST!!!

Everything gets into a tangled mess!!

Good luck with it!

Rebecca Kiel said...

Best to you and your family with the move. We're still unpacking! And it has almost been a year.

Julianna said...

I don't think your post is lame at all. It never ceases to amaze me what will spill forth from the mouths of those around me. :)

Melanie Stanford said...

The one I always get...

"Are all these kids yours???"

I have four also. I think I get that because they all have different colored hair.

I also get the "hands full" comment ALL the time. It always makes me think, are my kids acting that bad?

Kristin Baker Przybyla said...

I've had all of those said to me and more, and because of that I've resolved to never say anything like that to another person! Ever. The most memorable was when 4 of my 6 kids and I were in line at the store and I heard the lady behind me say, "They must be Mormon." I turned to smile at her and was shocked to see that she was giving me a very dirty look. The kids were being really good and everything! Pssh, whatever, lady. I just laughed in her face because I could probably be a better Mormon. ;)

Kaylee Baldwin said...

I get that I have my hands full almost every time we go out and I only have three kids! I also get the: Oh, those three must be why you're so skinny. I never really know what to say to that. And last time I had to buy a pregnancy test, I made sure I only had one kid with me. Sad, I know.