Thursday, September 8, 2011
First Week of School Woes
Random facts about the first week of school that made me feel like a terrible mother:
1. Girl #3 has a tantrum when I PICK HER UP from Preschool--Not when I drop her off.
2. I tell Girl #2 I missed her so much while she was at Kindergarten. She says, "Really Mom? I forgot all about you!"
3. I forget to pack the "potty clothes" for Girl #3.
4. I forget to pack the water bottle for Girl #2.
5. I forget to pack the snack for Girl #1.
6. Keeping bus numbers and start and stop times straight in my head has me woozy. We have a morning preschooler, an afternoon kindergartener, and an all-dayer.
7. I filled out so many emergency forms I am beginning to think there absolutely MUST be many, many, many emergencies in public schools these days. (And this reminded me of the time my little sister had to fill out her own forms at the Dr.'s office because our Mom dropped her six-year-old off and let her go in by herself. Under the question Emergency Contact, she wrote, 911.)
Have any of you had a crazy first week back to school? Going from one kid in school to three has me running around like a chicken with my head cut off!
Share some first week of school woes.
Posted by Maggie at 8:21 AM