Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Storymakers Advice

Alright, I missed out for two years in a row. I am definitely going to LDS Storymakers Conference in 2012.

I know it's early to be making plans, but I am.

Here are my questions for those of you who go regularly (or even have gone once).

*When would you fly in? Thursday afternoon, night, Friday morning?
*How did you get from SLC to the conference center?
*When did you come home? Saturday night, Sunday morning?
*Did you stay at the Marriott? And did you share a room?


And add any other info a newbie like me should know. Thanks!


5 comments:

Brittany said...

Hi Maggie- I went for the first time this year and flew in Thurs. morning in order to attend the bootcamp, which I highly recommend. The conference was at the Sheraton so I stayed there & they have a shuttle to & from the airport. They even shuttled me & a friend to a movie.

Jolene Perry said...

Stayed with a friend.
I use Trax for almost everything.
I flew in Wednesday for a day or two of fun before the conference.
Left Sat night to play with my brother in Oregon on the way home.

I'm planning on being there - the only thing that might keep me is a possibly sailing trip - I NEVER skip a chance to go boating.

It was GREAT fun - GREAT to see the people I've met online and I learned a TON. It seriously helped me form my queries and where and how to query. WAY useful :D
Also - storymakers got me hooked up with twitter :D

Jessica R. Patch said...

I've never been, but have a great time! :)

Melanie Jacobson said...

I'd bet anything Marriott will have a shuttle. I'll need it! Don't fly in any later than Thursday. Sunday morning is a good time to leave.

And sharing a room is SO budget friendly, especially if you can get away with sharing with just one other person.

Katie Dodge said...

I went for the first time this year and I can't wait for next year's conference. I didn't have to travel very far, but I did stay there at the hotel overnight and you should share a room. It's good times! :D (can't wait to meet you!)