Monday, August 15, 2011

Oooh, the rumble

Do you hear it?

It's just my heart. I love the feeling of diving into a new project. I've written a smashing premise and synopsis and am now about 6,000 words into the story, and I'm still at that all-tingly stage.

This novel is actually the rewrite of a novella. I had a basic idea there, but I realized there could be so much more and the character was screaming--DON'T CUT ME SHORT. FIND ME!

I am going to enjoy this stage because I know when I hit about 30,000 words, I will start the next stage. Hating my current WIP; wondering if I will ever get anywhere on it; and considering tossing the whole thing. So for now, here's to the love of a new project.

What are you working on? Nearing a finished rough draft? Revisions (Yuck)? Querying (and if you are, you should also be writing something new :)? What's up for you?

6 comments:

Bonnie R. Paulson said...

pushing on pushing on. Love the post. Keep at it. It IS a smashing premise. and You'll write it swell! (yes, I did just type Swell. ugh)

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Yay!!! :D So excited for you! :) Starting a new WIP is so much fun. And I hear ya about hitting 30,000 words and freaking out about it, hating it and trying not to throw it out. :)

I'm just revising/editing a book and then writing another one. I'm at 15,000 words. Woot! :)

Jessica R. Patch said...

Just got my ms back from my crit partner. Working through them, then on to the next ms needing a total gutting! :)

BTW I love OneRepublic, saw them in concert (I go to lots of concerts lol)! :)

Kristin Baker Przybyla said...

New projects are so much fun!

I was working on my steampunk YA, but Jolene found a few things I need to revise on my completed ms, so I'm working on those for now. Also, querying like a madwoman!

Jolene Perry said...

That happens to me at 20,000.

Totally lose steam.

There may or may not be several projects of this length in my computer . . .

Misty Moncur said...

Just started too. I'll race ya. :)