Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Paper Submissions




I love the modern conveniences of today's Internet era. Hitting the send button on a query or manuscript is so easy--not to mention cheap.

However, for me, there is something a little more exhilarating about sending in a paper submission. The feeling that my words are out there in hard copy gets me every time.

This is a picture of me submitting a recent novel to my publisher via snail mail. And today I will be submitting another book proposal. This is a non-fiction LDS idea that my critique partner and I have been working on.

Today she will take it to the post office and send it on its merry way.

Wish our submission good luck!

Have you ever submitted in paper form? Did it feel any different to you than a electronic version?

6 comments:

Emily Rittel-King said...

I like sending snail mail queries and submissions, too.
I hope your baby get's to the publisher all right and they treat her well! GOOD JOB and good luck! I'm crossing my fingers for you, for both of your submissions!

Jolene Perry said...

My submission to Cedar Fort was my ONLY paper submission, and yeah, it felt good.

I keep three-ring binders with a printed version of my manuscripts and I love looking at the stacks of papers that I WROTE, lol.

Fun.

Deborah A. said...

Good luck!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

PS. When I wrote that post about love, I was thinking Growing Up Gracie was a perfect example of a GOOD love story!

Lacie Nezbeth said...

Good luck! Good luck! Good luck!

Man, that's a lot of paper you're holding. :)

Chantele Sedgwick said...

GOOD LUCK!!! I did one submission in paper form. It was fun to drop it off at the post office and everything. There's something about seeing your work on paper, right? :)

Anna said...

When I was 16, I was writing a novel. My goal was to finish it before I was 18 and send it off to a publisher. I did it and it felt awesome to put it in a envelope and sent it off.

Looking back, I can see many errors in my writing, but I'm still proud of what I did with what I knew.

I have printed off my current WIP and love to see how many pages of words I've come up with. :)