Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Nope. This picture has nothing to do with anything. My blog just hasn't had a photo on it in awhile and this one makes me happy.
Here are some questions about Mommyhood and Writerhood and a few about neither (that have been on my mind).
1. If a kid doesn't want to ride a bike--I mean, really doesn't want to--do you force them to any way? Is it un-American or un-childhoodish to just never learn to ride a bike?
2. Can you get so immersed in one writing project that it kills your drive/creativity/desire? When do you just say enough is enough?
3. Do you have any special tricks to remember the difference between waist and waste? Seriously, this causes some awkward sentences if spelled wrong. "He slid his arms around her waste." Ewwwwwe.
4. How do you get a child to stop sucking their thumb or fingers? Bribery? Threatening? Nasty-tasting-junk-on-thumb? Wait it out?
5. Am I the only one who doesn't get the Michael Buble thing? Is he all jazz? Because I seriously hate jazz, and so far I haven't heard anything from Buble that makes me swoon like the rest of the female population.
6.Do you love camping and vacation? Or do you build yourself up for it and then get there and think what was I thinking? This is hard work with kids!
7. Did you see Kiersten White just wrote a novel in nine days? If you check out her blog post from yesterday, you will see what I'm talking about. She is a mom and a wife too. Holy Moses how is that possible? I've been starring at the same darn thing for over a year!
8. What's the funniest thing your kid has said lately? I asked my seven year old if she liked a particular new boy in her class and this was her response: "Well mom, he's a fine student, but my worst enemy."
9. What food do you stinking crave but try not to eat because it isn't healthy? For me, the answer would be: Reeses Puffs cereal; Reeses peanut butter cups; peanut butter bars. Hmmm. I'm seeing a peanut butter/chocolate theme here.
10. Are you an optimist or pessimist? And has this changed as you've aged? I'm so sad to admit, I think I've slowly slid from an optimist to a pessimist over the past few years. I think I was tainted by a few hard years when everything seemed to go wrong. I wonder if a year of everything going right would reverse me again? (I know, I know, I can't wait around for something like that.)
Go ahead, tackle one of these babies or all of them. I'd love your opinions.
Posted by Maggie at 5:41 AM