Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Mommy Milestones That Are Making Me Happy
(These aren't really my kids, mine are older, for the most part)
Here are a few Mommy Milestones (or really Kid Milestones, I guess, but that doesn't sound as cool) my family has hit lately. I'm loving it!
1. Three out of four kids buckling their own seat belts.
2. Never buying formula again.
3. Finally "getting" the concept of Quiet Time.
4. Three out of four are old enough to bathe and brush their own teeth without my constant supervision.
5. Chore charts running smoothly.
6. No nose pickers (at the moment).
7. Kids are starting to help with the care of our dog.
8. They're being friends with one another about one-third of the time--I'll take one-third--THIS IS HUGE!!
9. Have learned to pray on their own and even remind Mom and Dad when we forget.
10. We are only four years away from having an in-house babysitter (when oldest is 12).
Don't say, "don't wish this time away." Because I'm not. I'm thoroughly enjoying it, especially when we hit these little milestones that seem to make life a bit easier.
Has your family hit any enjoyable Mommy Milestones lately?
Posted by Maggie at 2:00 PM