Thursday, June 2, 2011

June CHECK IN

Oh dear, it appears we missed our May check up. Let's get down to business!


Here were my 2011 goals

1. Revise The Letters Never Sent and submit it to the publisher.
****Okay, well, this goal WAS complete. But my publisher asked for some revisions and gave me an option of resubmitting, so I've been hitting those hard for the past few weeks.

2. Finish a rough draft of Danielle, Never The Bride.
****Ya, this is growing cobwebs.

3. See a weight on the scale I haven't seen in a few years.
****After about six weeks of plateau, I lost two more pounds in May and I'm starting to really feel good. I pulled out my running shoes and am trying to get back in the habit of three runs a week. I have two pounds to my goal weight.

4. Get going on long-term savings.
****Nothing has changed here.

Where are you at? I want your stats!

6 comments:

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Congrats on the weight loss! I just pulled my running shoes back out this week. I have a little more to lose than you though. :)

Bonnie R. Paulson said...

Well done! I like when I have to revise my goals. Makes me feel like I'm progressing still.

I'm working on 2k a day (as you know) and hope to be done with WIP by 06/18. Then revisions and revisions and maybe a novella.

What do you think is harder? Writing or dieting?

Maggie said...

Chantelle--Good luck! I started with 14 to lose and it has take six months to get 12 of those off.

Bonnie--Writing, hands down. Well, except when I dream of brownies.

Jessica R. Patch said...

I am finishing some requested revisions and hoping for good news!

I'm working toward running a 5K in October and cutting my time by 10 minutes. My first one was a granny run! ;)

I'm always looking for ways to save money too!

Rachelle said...

Hey, I like these goals! I've been revising my book like crazy to get it turned into my pub also.
I'm hating the scale because my baby is 7 months old and even though I know it isn't reasonable, I wish I were already 15 pounds lighter. I'm working on it though. I was running and kept having some residual problems from my pregnancy with my back and leg (that's a long, painful story) so I took a month off. I think I'm feeling up to going out again!
Oh, and I wanted to tell you that I love your name because my 5YO is named Maggie and you won't believe this, but my 8YO is named Gracie. :) So when I saw your book, it really stuck with me. I need to get it read.

Tana Adams said...

I'm crazy busy in the hamster wheel of life!