Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Brain. Becoming. Jello.

I'm trying so hard to hit a revisions goal I've been working on for the past month.

By tomorrow night I need to have all of my individual chapters revised, and then I will print the book and read it as a whole to make sure I've remedied all of its issues.

My brain is seriously aching, but I feel the progress I've made over the past month has been a major step in the right direction.

Wish me luck stumbling through Revision Purgatory.

Any other revisers out there? How do you keep your creative side in tact while tackling the mundane of editing?

9 comments:

Bonnie R. Paulson said...

Yay! Good for you.

I'm revising, as you know, and I want to take my brains out, shove them in a blender and push pulse. I hope it'll be more of a massage than what I'm doing to it. lol.

Jolene Perry said...

I have NO idea. I have to let things go sometimes for a few days. Get fresh music. Something.

Have fun in your lookover!!

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Sometimes I just have to get away from it for a day or so. Work on something else. Then go back and tackle the rest. Good luck! :D

Tana Adams said...

I'm in revisions and I feel like I'm sinking fast. I'm right there with you!

Emily Rittel-King said...

Printing your book out and reading it on paper, as it will be when it's published, is such a relief to your eyes and your brain! It'll feel good to have something to hold in your hands, solid proof that your hard work is equating to more than a computer document. Good luck!

Kaylee Baldwin said...

We are in this together! My reward for finishing edits is to work on the story I am DYING to finish.

Jessica R. Patch said...

Day dream. I do a lot of it in between revising, like when I drive and forget my kid's in the car with me and I should have taken him to school, not with me to work, or when I miss the green light and a chain of cars honk and make lewd gestures. But that's what I do to keep new ideas going.

"Revision Purgatory" Hilarious.

Theresa @rockonmommies said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Maria I. Morgan said...

Be proud of your accomplishment! Praying that you make it through this revision time! God bless!