Sure most of you who visit this blog are writers and maybe mommies. But there is so much more to us than that. Right?
So, I'm 31 years old, so here are 31 things you might not know about me. Leave a comment with some things I don't know about you!
1. I share my birthday with Earth Day.
2. I love to bake but rarely do because I will eat EVERYTHING I bake.
3. You know that hangy thing in your throat (uvula)? Well, mine is forked (so I have two) and this freaks Dr.'s out every time they look in there.
4. All-time favorite song: "That Summer" by Garth Brooks
5. I've been in a hot air balloon, Air Force Refueling Plane, skydiving, and a race car (and got paid to do ALL of these things for work--I was a journalist).
6. I am really allergic to horses, but I enjoy riding.
7. My whole name is Maggie--NOT Margaret!
8. My great-great grandpa was a polygamist with 5 wives and 30-some kids.
9. I was senior class president in high school (I know, I know, whoop-dee-doo).
10. My house is often only clean from one quick-someone's-coming-over to the next quick-someone's-coming-over.
11. My two thumbs don't match up at all.
12. I am the oldest of three.
13. I've been bear hunting but got scared and didn't shoot the bear.
14. I was one of those super annoying parents of my first child who read all the parenting books and tried to do everything by the book. I took my two week old to a puppet show for her to become more "social" for goodness sakes!
15. My favorite shows over the years have been My So Called Life (remember Jared Leto?); ER; Prisonbreak; and my current favorites are: Parenthood, The Voice, and Modern Family.
16. I rarely nap and get grouchy when my husband does (I'm ashamed of this, since he really deserves a nap, but somehow it bugs me).
17. Dan and I weren't even dating when we got engaged.
18. I write from 5:00-7:00 a.m.
19. I hope to live in the country some day.
20. I like throwing watermelon and pumpkins off bridges.
21. I have three colors of laundry piles: darks, whites, pinks (female household here).
22. I love those Christmas time white-chocolate Oreos.
23. I enjoy boating but get really nervous with the kiddos on the boat.
24. I once stood on a fat bull snake in a doorway and didn't know it.
25. I was raised in the "Rodeo Capital of the World."
26. "Mahanna" from Johnny Lingo is in my stake.
27. The first record I owned was True Blue by Madonna and I loved it! The first CD--Criss Cross.
28. My pet peeve is loud clapping for no reason.
29. I often spell maybe this way: "mabey." Weird.
30. I bussed Karim Abdul Jabar's table when I was 14. (And I met him and got his autograph).
31. I love my family and friends more than anything!
Your turn. Okay, I want at least one fact about you for every decade old you are! SHARE, SHARE, SHARE.