Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Refilling The Well



I was feeling a serious lack of creativity a few weeks ago and planned to take a big writing break over the summer.

Think of all I could accomplish! In reality, though, instead of accomplishing anything new, I'd probably just sleep in until 6:30 every day instead of hitting the computer at 5:00.

I decided to refill my well of creativity and desire to write. I bought four new writing books (two of which I had in college and sold back to the bookstore. aargghhh!) I also had a mini "writers conference" at Denny's with my critique partner.

What has this refilling of the well done? It made me change my mind about taking a break. Yep. I lasted a week.

I've since set some new goals--short and long term--and have dove into revisions on one of my novels.

IS YOUR WELL IN NEED OF REFILLING FROM TIME TO TIME? HOW DO YOU DO IT?

3 comments:

Bonnie R. Paulson said...

I have to say your goals have inspired me! Thanks for keeping me on task.

I need a swift kick sometimes to get my well refilled, like the hose is stopped up or something. But once I get going, it doesn't rest for a bit.

Have a great day!

Chantele Sedgwick said...

I have been in a writing slump the past week. I haven't been able to focus and I have no idea which story I want to write. I gave myself a little break, but noticed I'd open up a word doc. and start editing a few things here, or writing a few things there. I just can't stop writing.
So, I'm going to seriously think about which book I want to work on and stick to it. No more jumping around.
Ugh. It's going to be hard.

Jolene Perry said...

My problem is forcing myself NOT to write. It can be SO SO hard!