Thursday, May 26, 2011

Random Thoughts for Thursday

*Do you think Stephanie Meyer had a critique partner for Twilight? And if so, did that partner come to her with her tongue wagging saying "Steph, this is going to go big. I suggest you set up some off-shore bank accounts."
(I know, I know, I could probably find the answer to this question online, but I really don't care that much.)

*Does it seem like most female main characters these days are similar brooding types? They have bad tempers, anti-social tendencies, and average looks, yet hoards of guys flock after them? I wish I had known brattyness was the key in high school!

*And speaking of female main characters, what is with all the "Cat" ish names right now? Katniss? Katsa? Etc. I think my next MC will be Katly.

*Does anyone know what the End-Of-The-World-Is-May-21st-Guy said to the media on May 22nd? Or did he not even show his face?

4 comments:

Bonnie R. Paulson said...

Haha. That guy actually said he miscalculated and reoffered a different date. Just like he did in 1994.

Love it.

Great post. Kat. I noticed that too!

And just remember me saying you're gonna be big and then you can answer that question when someone asks it about you!

Deborah A. said...

Yeah, he said May 21st was an invisible judgement or some such nonsense. I think he just figured by 2011, he'd be dead, so he really didn't need to get it right. ;)

Pyper has a bit of an attitude, but it's not entirely unwarranted.

The Kat names are hard for me because that's my son's birthmom's name.

Jolene Perry said...

Maybe he thought no one was good enough to be raptured??

Stephenie Meyer sent it to her sis-in-law I think?? And yeah, she was like YOU SO HAVE TO DO SOMETHING WITH THIS. Hopefully she has like, a new car or a new house or something as a thank-you ;D

Would DIE without crit partners.

Rachelle said...

Love these thoughts! Thanks for the smiles.
Man, I was snarky in high school and I think I scared guys off! :)