Sunday, April 24, 2011

What are your favorite books about writing?

My birthday was Friday and hubby got me an awesome gift. An Amazon gift card! Yay!

I would love to spend this money on all those novels out there I've been wanting to get my hands on. However, I will be buying some new books on writing. Boring? Maybe. But it's an investment in my talent.

So, what should I get?

I loved Bird by Bird by Anne Lamont and On Writing by Stephen King (both of which I haven't read since college). I already have Strunk and White. So, are there any other awesome "mastering your craft" books out there on writing that you absolutely loved?

3 comments:

Lisa Jordan said...

My favorite writing books are Susan May Warren's Inside...Out, Deep and Wide, and the Book Buddy.

Unfortunately you can't buy them on Amazon, but you can get them through the My Book Therapy store.

Other favorites include James Scott Bell's Plot and Structure, Alice Orr's No More Rejections, Donald Maass's Writing the Breakout Novel and Fire in Fiction.

Jolene Perry said...

MIne are the same. NO Help at all :D
Have fun with it, though!

Bonnie R. Paulson said...

eats, shoots and leaves. great book!