Monday, April 4, 2011

Feels so good.


Do you know what feels so good?

Walking out of the post office today.

The past several months have been spent in revisions on my family saga: Letters Never Sent. I've been reading; re-reading; sending out for critique; re-arranging; search and destroying; etc. etc.

I've read it aloud. I've read it on the computer. I've read it in paper form.

I de-adjectived it. I punched up my verbs. I took out all the yelling--I put back all the yelling.

I've agonized, memorized, and definitely, over-analyzed. And finally, today, it was time for that baby to go. (Besides, I think if I told my husband--or my critique partner--I was going to go through it "just one more time," they may have divorced me.)

Well, it's all buttoned up and in the mail. Now comes the waiting and praying and finger-crossing!

7 comments:

Jolene Perry said...

Awesome!
It feels so good to hold that whole thing, doesn't it?

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Congratulations!! :D

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Oh, and you won a book on my blog! Come check it out! :D

Sari said...

Woohoo! Way to go Maggie

Sari said...

Woohoo! Way to go Maggie

Anna said...

Yay! How exciting. Congrats.

Feels like that day is way off for me, but someday I'll get there.

Melanie Jacobson said...

Congrats! I have no doubt CFI will pick it up. It was so close to the mark already when I read it that they'd be crazy to pass.