Just for a Friday laugh...
10. Selling Avon. Hey my grandma has done this for like 50 years! Do they still have "Avon ladies" or is it all online now?
9. Collecting Boxtops. Well, maybe not, but at least it would help my kids' school.
8. Selling things on Craigslist. Like my computer, printer, and all those books, books, books on my shelves.
7. Using my writing time to work at a minimum wage job. (Honestly, the hours would really add up.)
6. Writing anything but books: for newspapers, technical journals, company p.r. stuff.
5. Teaching people about writing. Even a teachers' salary would make most novelists drool.
4. Getting hired by my daughters' lemonade stand. They can earn some hefty cash on a hot day!
3. Returning to my previous hobby. Portrait Photography is much more lucrative.
2. Becoming a babysitter. Do you know what we pay for a night away from four kids?!!
1. Joining a multi-level marketing scheme. In the words of Michael Scott of The Office "It's not a pyramid scheme, it is a... it's not even a scheme per se, it's... [Jim draws a triangle around Michael's diagram] ... I have to go make a call."
Good thing I don't write for the money :)