Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March Resolution CHECK-IN

The doctor is back. It's the first of March, time to once again be held accountable for what we've done or haven't done to accomplish our year-long resolutions.

Here's my check-in.

1. Revise The Letters Never Sent and submit it to the publisher.
-This goal went great! At the beginning of February I literally tuned out the rest of my life and went nuts over this. I cut, pasted, reworded, etc. etc. I read the entire manuscript aloud. It was revision at its best (for me at least) and I hope my changes were worthwhile. My final word count ended up at 90,ooo. Then my manuscript went out to my first readers. I am anxiously awaiting their feedback.

2. Finish a rough draft of Danielle, Never The Bride. I am at 20,000 words (out of 75K).
-Because of my work on Manuscript Number Uno, this didn't see ANY of my attention last month.

3. Get started on our long-term savings.
-Tax return. And at least this year it isn't spent on paying off debt.

4. And finally the only resolution that is really related to health: See a number on the scale that I haven't seen in a couple years.
-I ate really well for two weeks of the month. I only lost one pound in February though. Not great, I know. I actually lost two and gained back one. Still, I am down about five-eight pounds since the dreaded Christmas weigh-in. I have nine pounds to go to my goal weight. I am confident March is going to go better.

HOW ARE YOUR GOALS GOING? ARE YOU ON TRACK OR NEEDING A KICK IN THE PANTS?

10 comments:

Bonnie R. Paulson said...

90k???? holy cow, well done! I didn't realize it was that long. Jeesh, busy busy bee.

You have great goals. I love 3 and 4. I am trying to lose weight but for some reason the carbs search me out and glue themselves to my mouth until I swallow... sad.

let's hit it this month!

Robin said...

What resolutions again? Just kidding you know me always working. Doing good so far. Van is paid off and two more things to go. Yeah!

Sari said...

Goals, what goals?

Anna said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I thought I'd check out your blog too. Congrats on the book. That is one that I've seen on ... I believe LDS Publisher website. I love the cover. Looks like a good read.

My goals where more weight related and not writing. I wasn't in the writing mood in January. But, I've lost 10 pounds this year so far, so I'm on track there.

I think that for March, my writing goal will be to write 5000 words. In February the flu hit out home, so I didn't get as high as I wanted on word count. But still... as long as the word count is going up, I'm happy.

Melanie Jacobson said...

Dear Maggie,

This is one of the more absurd things I've ever done, but I have a slightly crazy question for you. However, I can't find an email address for you. Would you email me at writestuff.jacobson at gmail dot com so I can ask you my crazy question. I have a slightly funny story to tell you.

Oh, and p.s., thanks for dropping by my blog. You may be the answer to a slightly exasperated prayer.

Annette Lyon said...

Frantically working at my goals. Feel a bit like a hamster on a wheel--and hope I'm actually getting somewhere!

Janna Qualman said...

I LOVE the cover of your book. Congrats on its publication!

Sticking to our goals is tough, but so important. So far I'm doing decently. :)

Tana Adams said...

I need a kick! I think I'd better sit down and re-evealuate where I want to go this year in the different areas of my life. And, I think I'm going to check out your book! I love the cover as well!! COngrats to you!

Maggie said...

Thanks for your check-ins everybody. I'll be back at you April 1, so you better keep it in high gear!

Don said...

Maggie,

Sounds like you have quite the month planned. Best of luck!

You are one of the winners in the Bumpy Landings Blog Tour contest. Congratulations! Come by www.donaldjcarey.com for more info.