Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Help me PLEASE!

Does this sound like the plea of someone in serious need? Well, then you heard it right. I need you!

I am having a serious case of, let's see, what shall we call it? Senioritis, procrastination, lack of will power, brain fart????

To put it in layman's terms, I am being lazy! I am having such a hard time with my final revisions on my current work in progress. The day to deliver the novel to my first readers has come and passed on my calendar, and I'm still not there yet.

How do you buckle down and get done that job you really need to finish? Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Bonnie R. Paulson said...

Dude, you know me, I don't tolerate it. I schedule in a certain amount of time and always give myself extra time for the doldrums days.

However, February is traditionally the least motivational month of the year. It's just plain depressing.

You can do it. You HAVE to! I need my crit partner back!

qmarieknudsen said...

Use that incredible writer's imagination to visualize your editor and publisher waiting patiently for that manuscript. Read some of the most emotional scenes of your story and then think about the readers that will be touched by them. Think about holding that book in your hands. If that doesn't do it, eat a bunch of Ho-Ho's and take a nap!

Michael Knudsen said...

Whoa, how did I get logged into my daughter's Google account. Anyhow, that prior comment was me.

Anonymous said...

You may need some mommy alone time, like taking a long nature walk. Or go to the davenport and sit in the glitz and glamour, soak it all in.

Maggie said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I've made some awesome progress tonight.