Thursday, January 13, 2011

Momma Contest

This is the last call for my momma friends out there. The deadline for this contest is this Saturday (1-15-11).

I am asking for submissions from LDS MOTHERS. Not writers, per se. Just MOTHERS. Yep, that means you!

Here is what I want: 400-1500 word essays on one of these four topics.

1. Major Mommy Follies: Any mess ups you've had as a mother, like the time you almost had a heart attack after you drove 200 miles and realized your child's car seat wasn't attached to the car.
2. The Unbelievable Things My Children Have Done: What did your child do that just about put you over the edge?
3. Other Mothers: The women you admire and how they have improved you as a mother.
4. I Knew There Was A Reason I Became Your Mother: The wonderful moments that make it all worth it.

Here's what you get: I will give a signed copy of Growing Up Gracie to the first person who enters a legitimate submission to the contest. If I get 10 or more entries, I will give a Barnes and Noble gift card of $25 to one writer (chosen at random). If I get 20 or more entries, I will give a $25 Barnes and Noble gift card to two writers (chosen at random).

Rules: You must be willing to see your entry reprinted (on this blog or in print). Your entry must have no profanity or show abuse in any way (such as I am a bad mom because I beat my kids). Your entry must be legible. You must be willing to allow editing (for grammatical and spelling type errors) of your submission. You can submit entries in each of the topics, but your name will only be considered as 1 of the 10 for the drawing.

Submit entries (not as an attachment)at maggiefechner@gmail.com. I won't open attachments so just write it in the body of your email message.

Lots of you have told me you've always wanted to write. Now here's your chance!

1 comment:

Bonnie R. Paulson said...

This is awesome! I can't wait to see what type of entries you get! Great idea!