Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My Anti-Resolution Resolutions...

I'm not a huge fan of New Year's Resolutions. As my husband says, if you're really going to do something, you wouldn't have to wait until January 1 to start it. However, I do have a couple of plans for next year (and both of them are already in the works).

Revise The Letters Never Sent and submit it to the publisher. I have hid my rough draft away for a month to get some space from it and will be pulling it back out in a few weeks.

Finish a rough draft of Danielle, Never The Bride. I am at 10,000 words (out of 75K).

Try to attend LDS Storymakers Conference. The trip is kind of expensive for a non-Utahan, so hopefully this can work out.

Good luck writers with your goals for 2011! Post them here if you want to.

2 comments:

Rebecca Talley said...

The Storymakers conference is expensive, not as much as most, but totally worth it. I travel from CO each year to attend and I love it.

I make resolutions every week and just keep plugging away. My biggest goal for this year is to have my manuscript ready to submit by April.

I enjoyed your book and will be reviewing it on my blog--are you doing a blog tour?

Sari said...

I plan to do more personal journal writing for one of my 2011 goals, this shouldn't be too difficult because ANY writing would me MORE!! Wish me luck :)!

I've been thinking about the Mommy moments and will try and get something ready.