Friday, June 4, 2010

Come Along With Me

So here is the start of what is sure to be a long journey from being a writer to becoming an author.

Here's what we have so far.

~A manuscript--Hallelujah (this is how I feel when something is finally done)

~A contract--Even more hallelujah ("I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it," Oh, I digress)

~A WHOLE LOT OF TIME--Bummer!

My novel Growing Up Gracie was recently accepted by Cedar Fort Publisher's. They are the second largest Latter-day Saint (Mormon) publishing house behind that giant known as Deseret Book. They publish about 100 books each year of LDS and mainstream material. They distribute to Barnes and Noble, Borders, Costco, Walmart, Deseret Book and Amazon. (Now, that doesn't necessarily mean I will get into any of those, here's hoping though).

Now the process between an accepted contract and an actual book on the shelf can be from 8-16 months.

The first step is finding out my release date. I still haven't heard, but you can bet I'll blog it right up as soon as I do.

Secondly Cedar Fort suggests all their authors create a website. Since I am cheap and already have a good grasp on the blogging thing, I decided to go this route. So click on the links if you want to keep up with where I am at on other writing projects or other junk like that.

Blog entries might not be super frequent for awhile because come on, how many ways can you say "I'm still waiting for any news..."? But I'll post updates occasionally, maybe a little on the books I am currently writing, and maybe some info on books I read. We'll see.

Thanks for following my journey!

No comments: